Bienvenue sur mon blog! Mes messages sont le plus souvent programmés à l'avance pour être postés régulièrement. J'espère que vous aimerez mes réalisations et que vous me le direz en laissant un petit commentaire, toujours apprécié! Et si vous permettez (en laissant l'adresse de votre blog), je viendrai vous voir, bien sûr !
Si vous aimez, n'hésitez pas à partager !



My name is Laurence, I created this blog to share my pages and other scrapbooking projects. I often schedule my posts and if you leave a message, I love to comment back, when I know how (if you leave your blog address!).
You can also follow my blog if you just want to see my latest pages.
If you like, feel free to share !

mercredi 19 septembre 2012

Le chateau haut perché...

Le château de Termes est un château Cathare, haut perché mais facile d'accès. J'ai beaucoup travaillé le fond de page pour en faire une imitation bois, mais comme je l'ai aussi beaucoup recouvert, cela ne se voit pas beaucoup... Je recommencerai donc prochainement. Ce sont des papiers Simple Stories du kit de juin de My Scrapbook Nook. La montgolfière est faite maison, inspirée d'un sticker de la même collection.

This is a Cathar castle (catharism is a branch of the christian religion which spread in the XIIth century in the south-east of France, but for religious and geopolitical reasons it was fought by the Pope and  the Lords of the north of the country. This lead to a massacre and Cathars were eradicated, but their castles remain and the visit is always striking). I worked a lot on the background to make it look like wood, but I with 3 photos, I covered it almost entirely, which was not my first idea. So I'll do it again on another page soon, because it was really beautiful. The papers are from the Scrapbook nook June kit (Simple Stories).

5 commentaires:

  1. Oh yes. The background work looks lovely,...hi hi at least what I can see... :-) I agree you must do it again so it shows more. I do that often. I go to great lengths to make the background pretty with mists , gesso etc,...and then you cant see it as t is all covered up...
    Your photos on the page look very pretty too. I enlarged the page to look at them properly. Is this near your city?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Love the way your creations develop, Laurence - a more care free style :-)
    And the background work is amazing. TFS

    PS, You asked me what CAS means - it's Clean And Simple :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Great page Laurence!! Love the wooden background (I can still see it a good deal!), the design and of course the papers ... I still have to use this kit too. I'm saving it for those "special" photos but I guess I'd better just use it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Fantastic layout, Laurence! Love how you used the Summer Fresh parts with that wooden bakground.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Une page à l'esprit bucolique, je trouve. J'aime bien ta montgolfière! Bises.

    RépondreSupprimer

Merci pour vos petits mots ♥, thanks for your little words ♥